Wednesday 17 October 2012

Terminologies on Forum pages

I do not know if you are like me who browse the net regularly in search of new information and updates on anything pertaining to the uterus, especially people success stories. I found it a bit difficult, especially at the beginning,  grasping the many acronyms used, so I decided I am going to write a blog defining as many acronyms as I can find and would like if you have any to add that you post it as a comment. Lets get started:


  • AF- Aunt Flo- Period
  • O- Ovulation
  • DPO- Days past ovulation
  • TTC- Trying to conceive
  • CD- Cycle day
  • BFN- Big fat negative
  • BFP- big fat positive
  • BC/BCP- birth control/birth control pills
  • AWOL- A woman on Lupron
  • BBT- Basal body temperature
  • CF- Cervical Fluid
  • CM- Cervical Mucus
  • FMU- First Morning Urine
  • POAS- Pee on a stick
  • LMP- Last Menstural Period
  • HPT- Home pregnancy Test
  • IVF- In vitro Fertilization
  • LAP- Laparoscopy
  • LP/LPD- Luteal Phase/ luteal phase defect
  • MC- Miscarriage
  • MS- Morning Sickness
  • LSP- Low Sperm Count
  • PG- Pregnant
As time go by and I read more, I'll be sure to add to the list and again, feel free to add to the list by commenting on this post.

UPDATE: Just found a site with all the abbreviations, more than I can imagine. Please see the link below:
http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

No comments:

Post a Comment