Wednesday 6 June 2012

After surgery: my second lupron shot

Well yesterday I went for my second lupron shot. I also collected my x-ray results, which I would be taking back today, but having taken a peek :) I saw that every thing is normal so I am gonna see what they will  be saying to me today.

Anyway about the lupron shot, I went to the doctor with several questions written so that I would not forget as I often do. Something always slip through the crack. My first question was about a substitution for this injection because I cannot stand the hot flashes. I am telling you people I cannot get any unexpected visitor because for as long as  I can stay topless, I will and the fan at its maximum do not help. Even in aircon sometimes, I am still fanning. I keep saying I can not believe I will be going through this twice in my life. Still, I bought the injection and step in the office thinking once he inject me I would just have to deal with what follows after. And yes I am dealing with it. I think the hot flashes is the worse part of the injection. Insomnia was once a part of the side effects, but not anymore I guess, after all I am getting some sleep these last few days. 

So the doctor believed that given the severity of the endometriosis and although he removed what he had seen, the lupron would be best for what might have been hidden. I trust my doctor and besides is one more injection after this, if he suggest another course I would not trust him then lol. Secondly, and these are based on the questions I asked, sex can take place without the use of condoms (which i hate). Thirdly, the lupron takes about 2 months after the last injection to get out of your system. Fourtly, I am allowed to go and have my kids then and I can do it naturally without the help of any fertility pills etc. Finally, I can go back to regular exercises, even doing abs work :) 

I have one more lupron shot, but would be travelling home. I spent the morning calling all the pharmacies at home to find out if they sell it. I found one but could not believe the price. About EC$5000 for one injection. Can you believe it? I find it expensive here and it costs Jamaican $18, 275. Well the pharmacist believed it is subsidized and maybe so, but whatever the case I am thankful to the Almighty who have me in the right place at the right time. Nothing happens by chance. Have a good day y'all and again feel free to ask me anything.

4 comments:

  1. Wow ive never heard of any injection costing so much money. Gosh. Im glad you're doing well hon,continue to pray for healing and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl. Just keeping the faith. It is just today, I was calling home to see if I can get the injection there. Most of the pharmacies do not sell and then the one that can order it, told me the price, I could not believe it. I just keep saying God is good because he has me in the right place at the right time.

      Delete
  2. All things work together for good ... God is good

    ReplyDelete